POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : initial_clock / final_clock behaviour : Re: initial_clock / final_clock behaviour Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:30:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: initial_clock / final_clock behaviour
From: Rune
Date: 24 Mar 2002 16:02:12
Message: <3c9e3ed4@news.povray.org>
"Thorsten Froehlich" wrote:
> Ah, yes this wasn't clear.  A check reveals that
> what you observe is indeed what happens.  This bug
> is a leftover from the original patch :-(

However, knowing the clock value at the start frame (not initial frame) is
still very valuable! Knowing the start frame number itself is equally
valuable for that matter.

With the described bug fix, I will no longer have any way of knowing if a
given frame is the first of a render session, and I really need that, for
example in my particle system.

I know it's a feature request, but I think the clock identifiers
start_frame, end_frame, start_clock and end_clock should be added, because
they're very critical for certain things, and also for consistency. While
the bug is fixed anyway, could these things be added by any chance?

Rune
Rune's World:  http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated Feb 16)
POV-Ray Users: http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk/povrayusers/
POV-Ray Ring:  http://webring.povray.co.uk